View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #34
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

"Need" of course is a strong word, and I concur you don't "need" a pressure washer, but it makes many things MUCH easier, including cleaning brake dust off wheels.

Also, the information you received on Foam Cannon makes no sense because the whole point of washing the car yourself is to avoid swirls and scratches from an automatic car washes. The Foam Cannon provides that extra layer of protection to prevent that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
You don't need a pressure washer to wash your own car. You just need a garden hose and a water wand. All a pressure washer is good for is a foam cannon that does absolutely nothing to clean your car, and it takes a good pressure washer with high GPM flow to create a thick useless foam... which is not something 80% of the washers on the market provide anyway.

Spend that money on a two gallon bucket system and quality cleaning products.

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0