View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 08:41 AM   #53
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
ynguldyn wrote in November 2018: "If you want a clean sheet BEV, you'll have to wait for the I20. How closely the iNext concept reflects that future production car remains to be seen."

Of course, it's unclear what "clean sheet" means in comparison to the current and future CLAR and/or whether the iX sits on a bespoke platform. But it sounds like the iX is much more removed from the X5/X7 than the iX3/i4 are from their respective twin brothers/sisters (not least due to the unique body style).
Right, I'm aware of ynguldyn's description as well, but as you point out, it doesn't remove all ambiguity. Furthermore it's not clear (it never is, by design) what data he used to draw that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I lack your knowledge and am unsure how to understand "BEV Centric" but evolution seems logical before eventual all new for all electric.
Yes. It's just that the eventuality you mention is a reality already for some other players. So there's significant value in understanding how far the iX has moved the ball.
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL6277.50