General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
are you saying the apple is more user friendly? the iDrive is one of the worst HCI devices ever created (maybe after check-out machines at Albertsons)
I'm basically saying Apple is more user friendly.

And I don't think you are qualified enough to talk about I-Drive since you do not own a BMW yet. I do agree that the I-Drive could be greatly improved but I do feel people make more of an issue with it than they should. There are many short-cuts and voice commands you can combine with I-Drive to make the experience a lot better. Basically, I-Drive is less cumbersome than what people think but it should be much more intuitive and user friendly. Once playing with it for a bit, it's not bad at all.

People often compare the Lexus touch screen to the I-Drive. I actually find the Navi features of the BMW much better but the touch screen interface is basically idiot proof.

Basically, for you to call it one of the worst HCI interfaces ever, is like me after buying my MacBook and calling OSX junk after only playing with it for a bit. Go buy your 335i and see if your opinion changes after a month. OSX was frustrating for me after the first few hours but from an IT perspective, I learn a bit faster than your average consumer since that is my line of work.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0