07-26-2015, 01:11 AM   #22
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
You can buy Omega Speedmaster Alaska Project watches all over the place for less than $5k.
Yeah, that's not quite true. Go ahead and order or try to buy one of those watches in your little link you posted, after they accept payment you will get a message or response from the seller that it is back ordered or waiting to ship....it will never come. It's the internet, world wide web-of-lies.
This watch has been sold out for a very long time. It's a scam.
How do I know, because it happened to me with another limited edition Speedy.
I tried buying a Soyuz LE Meteorite Dial Speedy and found similar listings and got caught up trying to get my deposit refunded, real PIA.

OP, go the USAA route. I use them on my watches but it will be a separate rider for "high value jewellery". This is separate from the home owners/renters coverage and it will be a significant premium but it's full coverage for any situation. The policies that state that you're covered under your home owners/renters coverage usually won't cover everything and usually have a limit preset based on the amount of coverage you have, $300k home owners = $15k jewellery coverage, something like that.

The separate insurance coverage will cover theft and damage inside or outside the house as well as traveling abroad, that is what you want. They will cover the complete replacement value of the watch, which you should have appraised and form submitted, even if they say they don't need it. USAA required an appraisal and I feel more confident knowing they accepted a formal document with the watch's value.

Jewellers Mutual is the same and is a very popular coverage, but I stuck with USAA as I have many other accounts with them.
Appreciate 0