05-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #420
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
A pet is a living creature, not a thing you simply dispose of when broken. How can you know about your dog's wishes? Or feelings: it should be glad to see you. Don't misinterpret her feelings fatally wrong, at least! They do have effective (after surgery) pain relief drugs for humans (I know that from experience) so why not for animals? You'd better discuss your concerns with the veterinarian you trust to take care of your dog (or just another one as a precaution), perhaps.

You did not give your dog a life, why would you take it away (and even if you had that wouldn't mean you'd still own it)? You should be dead sure death is the only solution to proceed with that shit. If you love your dog don't deprive it of a chance to survive. If you don't, why would you bother to make decisions for it? Decide for yourself as a responsible dog owner or something, but don't do it from emotional standpoint, driven by guesses (or fears). Fighting for love and life is a worthy endeavour. Giving up without trying is bullshit.

I agree with pretty much everything said here, but I do think some external influences can affect those decisions. One being age of the animal, the other being quality of life afterwards.

Now if you are only delaying the inevitable, I don't think you should make a decision based on being selfish.

This coming from an animal lover, and a parent who lost a child that could have had more treatment and procedures, but would have only extended his life by a few months.
King Rudi13154.00