tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
+1

I'll proudly were a $100 seiko or casio in those times when I don't think it is appropriate to wear a datejust

Quote:
I don't think one is "cheating oneself" if one buys a fake (or cheap) watch so long as one is clear that that's what one is doing
What one is doing at that point is "Fronting"

I recently saw a 428 rebadged as M4. I guess that was as good of a replica as could be found ?
Red:
In what world do you live whereupon comes an inappropriate time to wear a Datejust? I'm going out on a limb here...I don't think most folks who plunk down ~$8K on a watch live in a world where such a time comes about.

Blue:
Wouldn't "frontin' " require that one tell other people (directly or by omission) that one's fake [whatever] is authentic? I can't speak to who might be "fronin' ' and who might not. My comment referred to the fact that of all the people one might attempt to fool, fooling oneself -- in part by holding unrealistic expectations -- is the most foolish act of all.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0