View Single Post
      05-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
aznazasin
AznAzasin
United_States
Rep
Drives: FG E92 M3 | LSB E46 M3 | F80 M

Cool ||| Republic Wraps | Venom - Widebody E60 M5 | Headlights and Tail Lights Project ||

I know a lot of you are probably wondering why I’m still modding Venom if the car is listed for sale…the simple truth is….I just can’t seem to stop LOL; especially with Bimmerfest and MFEST around the corner during the time these mods were in progress. Here’s a detailed write-up of the work that went behind this build.

After brainstorming with Chris C. @ Republic Wraps | Republic Werkz about how we can raise the bar on the LCI game using Venom as the arsenal, we came to a decision that the headlights would be killer if done in gloss black to tie it to the other gloss black accents on the car (side mirror bases, roof, fender grills and kidney grills) while color matching the low beam rings to alpine white. They also upgraded the unit to have the Orion V4 halo rings. The icing on the cake was the clear quad projector set-up that replaced the corner lights.

The tail light mod got a little tricky in terms of options. Since much of the modded E60 tails I’ve seen recently encompassed some sort of “black-out” appearance, I wanted to stay away from the norm as far as I could. Thus, Chris had the idea of color matching the side marker (upper portion) to the color of the car. 2 layers of candy clear coat were later applied to give it that shine like Mother’s.

Before:

After:

Comparison:

Appreciate 0