11-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
As you probably know, the main issue you will have is when the seat is rear facing. In absence on a car seat, you can measure. I looked up a few of the most popular ones I’m aware of and it looks like they need between 28” and 29.2” of clearance.

My guess is that you’ll probably be fine unless the driver is extremely tall. Our first car seat was in a RAV4 and we never noticed an issue.
Yea my wife and I aren't exactly blessed with the gift of height. #IndianHeritage. lol

I'm 5'8" shes like 5'2"

So... I'm thinking its not going to be an issue to have a rear facing seat behind the passenger seat.

My friends tell me that most of the time either they or their spouses ride in the back seat with the kid anyway while its rear facing.

I just don't want the vehicle that was specifically intended to be the family car, to feel cramped. I also dont want to be bored outta my mind with it. So, trying to find that right balance.

Those numbers are extremely helpful though, thank you. Do you measure from the back of the front seat to the back rest of the rear seat?
Appreciate 0