Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Really? Those numbers from just a tune? The package I'm looking at is tune, full exhaust, and strut braces.

So am I.

The 535 would still be a solid winter driver, that would still be enough fun to keep me entertained. I have been trying to convince the wife that a "true" fun car would fit in nicelt. I've been trying to suggest a P car or Z06 or GT R....but that hasn't been going well.

The X6M (or ML63 or X5M) don't really appeal to me. If I was going to spend that kind of cash to go fast, it would definitely be a true sports car. My father has a new X6 and it's a ton of fun to drive....but utterly pointless if you're looking for any actual utility.

It is very unlikely I'll have done anything but maybe place a deposit over the next couple of weeks. I'll look forward to your review of your new ride.
Yup, just a tune, but remember, you're at 14-16psi instead of 13 with the Dinan.
It is much more aggressive.

The fastest time with just a tune (JB3) for a 335i (i think he had 100octane) was 11.79, it's not a tune that is just advertised, it's also tested and backed up by proof.
The best part is that you get to change it based on the day/event.

For example, when I went to the track, I would run a race tune (16psi), but when I am doing daily driving, I just leave it to about 13-14psi, which is still more than a Dinan tune.

Like I said, when I get my car, I'll show you a difference between stock and JB3 tuned.
Here are some videos of my 335 E93 (4126lbs) with just a tune:

Stock is 13.9 for this car.
I ran 13.1 in 76 degree, humid weather.

http://www.burgertuning.com/

PS. I agree, the X6 is pointless.
It's more of an exotic SUV when you really don't need an SUV since it's a 4 seater which in my opinion, defies the purpose of an "SUV".