United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
This may be an interesting discussion. I enjoy reading in general, magazines, newspapers, entire manuals other ppl may find dry, in addition to copious amounts of reading when I was in school and working, but somehow sitting down and devouring novels isn't my thing. I just can't do it w any regularity as I keep thinking if the story's good it would make a good movie/show and now for me it's 'wasted'. Ofc one's imagination is greater than those media but I'm visual and love watching stuff. What I mean by 'wasted' is one time I read The DaVinci Code and then the movie...boy, what a major bore cuz obviously I knew exactly what was about to happen. I can't believe many ppl intentionally ran out to read the latest Harry Potter novels *before* the movie came out, they actually want to do that.
I guess I am generally the exact opposite. I don't read nearly as much as I used to (though I hope to finish Wikipedia by the end of the week) most the time I find the book is better than the movie. Lord of the rings is one example. Has there ever been a good Huckleberry Finn movie? Rise and fall of the third Reich was never made into a movie, I believe (that's a great one if you like people totally fucking over other people). None of the Honor-verse books have made into a movie yet. Battlefield Earth was a great book, terrible movie.
Appreciate 3
UncleWede18124.50
cmyx6go15805.00