Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Consistency? Interesting last year that they went “motor car racing” with a bigger accident to clean up and this year they didn’t…………….

I do agree it wouldn’t of mattered though. RB/Max is just too strong this year.
That's why Masi got fired, and they followed the rules this year. See where I'm going here? People got mad they followed the rules this year after what happened last year.
I think the rule is stupid in general and the post-race broadcast touched on it. With the 3 or 4 laps remaining, they assessed the situation and knew it would take more than the laps remaining to remove the McLaren and at that point, could have red flagged it. Now I'm not saying red flag every incident but perhaps they need to think about this for when these things happen toward the end of the race.

The idea or assumption that because Driver A was ahead so they deserve to win is dumb because anything can happen up to the last lap. The likelihood that VER would have still won after 2 or 3 laps of racing was high but shit happens. He or any driver could over or under steer and suddenly get passed.
Appreciate 1