10-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #36
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD View Post
I purchased my car during the "early days" of the E90. Yes, I have a 330i. It was a great car, despite being down a bit on power compared to the subsequent 335i.

When I purchased the 330i, I was also considering an E46 M3, but heard rumors about the upcoming E90/E92 M3 and figured it would hold me over until the "new" version. Now that the M3 has been released, I was all ready to place an order, but reality hit me. My son (less than 2 yrs old) could barely sit behind me in his car seat. My wife looked at me one day and said, "you KNOW you need a bigger car".

NOOOOO. I have always driven smaller cars and I always felt that a mid-size cars would not live up to my performance standards. After stopping by my local BMW dealership and sitting in an M3 for a few minutes, I ventured over to a 550i sport. It was definitely a nice car, but then I found myself being drawn to an M5 sitting on the showroom floor.

Maybe 2 hrs later, I found myself driving a FULLY loaded M5 (7sp SMG) in Space Gray/Silverstone Full Perforated Leather home! Here is the options list:
  • Space Gray Metallic
  • Silverstone Perforated Merino Leather (Full)
  • Madeira Walnut wood trim
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar Support
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Comfort Access
  • Soft Close Automatic Doors
  • Rear Sunshades
  • Fold Down Rear Seats
  • Head-up Display (HUD)
  • HD radio
  • Satellite Radio
  • Enhanced Premium Sound
  • iPod and USB adapter
  • High Beam Assistant

I still think this is one of the best BMW...correction, auto forums on the internet and I'll still stop through when I have time (and not out driving in P500 mode). I'm also missing the NYC/NJ meets after moving to Atlanta.

To avoid the ->
Here's the new ride
Men I thought that was you, and I was wondering that I hadn't seen you at any of the meets of late!! damn you moved all the way down south? more cnotes to make down there?

I'm jealous men but congrats on a really great ride. I was in Atlanta at the end of last month and the food down there is heavy men, they cook food down there on another level, I ate like once a day because the meals were just that satisfying.

Like Kanye says welcome to the good life and enjoy it men. I'm sure you not missing the cold falls & winters

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0