United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
while the "expressive" performers don’t want such a practical car. The cabin will be smaller, like a suit that’s “not the most comfortable one, but it’s the one in which you look the best. They want a car that’s almost irrational.”

Really hoping he's been interpreting the focus group feedback incorrectly. I want a car the looks good, performs well, aligns w/the brand tradition and fits like a comfortable suit.

Also hoping the "expressive performers" have two subsegments the "peacocks" that only care about showing off that they own a BMW or a M car and the brand loyal that understand why they buy BMW and especially M and that the latter are a much larger group than the former.

Of course, BMW is no stranger to design controversy. We’ve been here before with Chris Bangle, and most of the cars he created are now talked about in revered terms – a point highlighted by Dukec.

Yes, Bangle's designs were polarizing like Dukec but what is in the pipe he's smoking? I've NEVER heard anyone talk about Bangle's designs in "revered terms".

I waited out the Bangle designs and and I can wait out the Dukec designs until he's shown the door.

Guess we'll learn a lot this year from the sales number, sure hope they don't reinforce his views or it may be a long wait.

Last edited by omasou; 03-03-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 1