View Single Post
      02-11-2024, 11:52 AM   #67
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
My days of 2 seat cars are over for at least 13.5 years, lol. Thats when my son will be 16 and could start driving himself and his sister until then, my 2 seaters sit in the garage

The R8 never felt like an NSX to me in any way but being sort of underpowered. The NAX felt light and nimble, the R8 heavy and understeery. If it's on your mind engine bingo card I get it, but it's gonna be less fun to drive than like all the other options.

Have you considered an Evora? It's like a mix of an NSX and a Cayman but without the attention to detail and perfectionism. Maybe a Cayman R? Porsche never really let loose with the Cayman until recently, but rare Porsches always go up in value.

If you really want the R8 I'm sure you'll enjoy checking it off the bingo card, just thinking about other similar midengien stuff.
The original R8 has 160 more hp than the original NSX, (430 to 270) so even the v8 version has plenty of power and much more than what most people would ever be able to use without wrecking it or ending up in jail…Watch the video above where the guy who owns both the NSX and an R8 and the other NSX owner compare the cars back to back..it’s pretty clear what car that puts the bigger grin on their face. I’ve been watching a ton of videos about the gated manuals and pretty much every one of them rave about the car and it’s driving dynamics… If I end up not liking it, I won’t lose much if any money, but I have a feeling that won’t be an issue.

Btw, having kids doesn’t mean you have to stop having fun…. I’ve always had a two seater while raising two kids, that’s what a 4-Runner is for
Appreciate 0