10-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #733
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
It's all KBG but split across 4 different cultivars. 50lbs Appalachian (uncoated) and 50lbs Concerto (also uncoated). The other bag is 50lbs but is coated seed so half of it goes to the coating. The other 25% is actually half KBG and half perrenial rye (that I forgot about.....but originally figured it die out anyways because it's rye...lol). The KBG components are Fielder and SR2100 KBG.

I was hoping Pete would have his blend out but he is still experimenting with it. Looks like he is hoping to get it out to folks next fall (2020).

I thought about getting his TTF blend again but wanted to experiment with some KBG cultivars (nte: to do that, I'd have had to have seeded this fall...d'oh). There cultivars that are more disease and drought resistant than the traditionals. Most won't touch TTF but I was wary from the explosion of clumping fescue that I came down with. In all liklihood, I'll go with a TTF and KBG blend down the road. I've been keeping the grass around 3.5" most of the year but am mowing down before winter. I'm at 2.5" now and will probably keep it about that as it goes dormant.

I might just throw fresh soil and compost on my East side yard in the spring and overseed it as new. It is pretty sparse and the weakest of all my grass. Admittedly, I won't both tilling it since I figure whatever grass is strong enough to work through the dirt I'll dump on it....well, it deserves to stay. It really isn't at all dense, though, so I think I'll be good. Plus, with 2 dogs it will help to rotate what section of the lawn I work on.

Now stop posting pictures of your lawn and making me feel bad. lol
lol I was about to say Pete has a KG blend but wasn't sure if he had it released yet. he's pretty good and making sure he picks the best cultivars. is that the method to get the grass cut down low before winter. i'm still currently at 3.5" but wasn't sure about how low it should be before the snow? can't promise the picture taking since every time I mow the stripes just says "picture time!"
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
bosstones1144.00