03-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #10
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Thanks for reminding me how much harder I should have fought when my wife wanted to sell our place with the basement home theatre so we could move downtown(ish). Who am I kidding, I was never going to win that argument!

Great setup, but one question: why the Yammy? I like their gear, but at the price point of the rest of your stuff there were lots of options. What sold it?
Thanks Johnny! And great question that I'm happy to explain.
First and foremost: Previous experience. This will be my 3rd Yammy. The other 2 having owned a combined 13yrs. Ever since I knew I was going to get a dedicated Theater room, I knew I would get another Yamaha! Not only are they rock solid (I've ran them literally all day at elevated volumes) but they tend to be very efficient in doing so. They never overheat and shut off. The sound quality to my ears and power delivery for the $$ is outstanding. I've heard comparable Denton, Marantz, Pioneer Elite, Onkyo, and I'm just a fan of the product. This particular unit has everything I need and then some. It's WiFi, Bluetooth, Multi Zone and great interface. Hope that answers.
Appreciate 0