07-23-2019, 01:57 AM   #75
icpee
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I think those 43% are people like me who started experiencing Bmw with the "real" 3 series 20-30 years ago and keep buying Bimmers with the hope of finding some remanent of true connection between machine and driver.
Sadly this connection is getting more pale with any new generation of Bmw.

I used to have way more fun in my manual E46 coupe than my current 600 plus hp m5.

Bmw is being transformed to a very nice car to take you from A to B. The thing is there are so many other cars out there to the same thing. Apart from m cars ( which I still believe in them) I don't see anything special in a new 3 series or 5 series that a Mercedes or Audi or even a Kia stinger can not provide.
BMW needs to survive in a market where the RWD, 6 cylinder NA formula no longer makes them money.
Yes they're known for their NA engined RWD cars but those are from yesterday.

Bear in mind that BMW competes with bigger companies like VW.
Look at the 1 series. It was always going to become a FWD car. Why? because it needs to satisfy customer demands in having good interior space, smaller engined and being low weight which aids in fuel efficiency.

4WD is becoming a necessity rather than a need. How does one put down north of 500Hp down to the road efficiently. You can see why the head of M was taken from Audi.

You either change and adapt with with the times or you sink.
Appreciate 4
clee1982797.50
530iDriver1707.50
heavyD^23688.50