View Single Post
      09-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #81
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
From my understanding, if they increase the wage to $15/hour, business's costs will go up, resulting in higher prices for consumers, meaning we end up back in the same boat as pre-increase. I'm no expert tho..

I would not say it will not pass, you can look at it this way, it was way for the government to raise your taxes without showing up as tax deduction on your pay check. Most of these people live off the government and the government is hard press to keep raising our taxes only to give it to these people since everyone getting fed up with it.

So if they force minimum wage up then these people get off the government payroll so they government can spend that money elsewhere and say they did not raise you taxes. However, business cost increase and they pass it along to use so at the end of day you have less money to spend elsewhere and these workers get a higher pay check and pay more taxes to the government so they get to collect more taxes in the end.

When the Government looks at increasing wages like this they take into consideration how much more taxes they get to collect. That is part of the analysis they do.
Appreciate 0