View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
...hoping you guys can give a fellow Bimmerposter some advice.

My backstory: I'm currently in the early stages of pursuing a masters degree in computer information systems. My undergraduate degree was a double major - both subjects liberal arts. After 5 years in the insurance field I decided I needed a change. My dad has always been in the business as a Project Manager; which piqued my interest. For the past year I've been working for a value added reseller - mostly Microsoft software (Windows 7, Office 365, SharePoint, CRM Online, and Access). While I've learned a lot, I recently decided it was time for a more formal education. Some of my areas of interest are data warehousing, data security, cloud computing, and mobile applications.

I know there are many successful folks on this forum. Hopefully some of you with experience on this subject can chime in and give me your opinions. Specifically, what you've learned about the industry, the current landscape, and developments you see coming down the line. Any suggestions on which area you would focus on to ensure future success would also be great.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0