03-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #20
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeautosport View Post
is it worth it? I remember playing Gran Turismo as a kid and loved it and if I don't get that feeling back, I don't want it haha
Absolutely love it. I'm a controller player and so far, all-gold Licenses and Missions. Some of them were a fucking nightmare. Not just ready to throw controllers but eat them.

Waiting until they introduce car prizes for Circuit Experience before I tackle those.

Overall highly satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Overall I do not like this game. There are some really cool things for sure, but there are many more bad things IMO. It seems that PD has taken it upon themselves to force automotive history onto everyone. And not only that, you're forced to deal with these "assistants" talking all sorts of crap, forced to drive a manual at times, forced to buy cars for challenges (and you can no longer sell cars for money). No doubt the whole game is weighted towards not giving you any money to buy the cars you want without stupid amounts of play, and knowledge that many don't care about.

Beyond that, the AI is absolutely terrible. My 600 PP car is obviously not as fast as theirs if they can slam on the brakes at every opportunity (especially the apex) and still catch me in the end. Brake-checking is a big deal with this AI, and they are constantly hogging the racing line. Basically GT7 is an exercise in how to race off of the racing line and still win.

Is it worth the $94 I paid? Probably. Am I happy with it? Hell no.

At this point I've done all of the Menu Books, and more than half of the Missions, and only have $6M, which isn't even enough to buy a used McLaren F1. I've only purchased 3 cars (I had to), and have spent money sparingly. Beyond that, I bought the Anniversary edition that comes with 1.6M credits, and they still owe me $400K.

Sorry, RANT over.
Some of the things I semi-dislike about it is the roulette prizes. Seems to shaft you every time. I'd like to be able to sell cars but if it's anything like GTs of the past, it'll be pennies on the dollar and hardly worth it. Tuning is really expensive ($100K for NOS?). And now that you mention it, I think they owe me $400K as well.

They are about to introduce selling of cars, more cars, and endurance racing so there will be more stuff to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Just saw this! So I agree with ///MPhatic just a bit. Personally I am still in the midst of doing the menus but I think other than gaining cars during that process I think the whole cafe thing is pointless. The assistants are also irritating, I wish they were able to be turned off for those of us who are well versed in how to play GT. I have not played online yet as I am still trying to build up my garage & tune my cars to compete.

With respect to some of the other gripes, not being able to sell cars, low payouts on races and what not...that is soon to change. Recently Polyphony sent out an apology for the system outage and also addressed some of the issues the community has been complaining about. Most notable will be the ability to sell cars. All in all I am liking the game. The graphics look great, I am glad they brought full car tuning & modding back, and I like some of the new racing modes.

The apology letter & list of near future updates here:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/...0_8947683.html
The assistants were a bit annoying but only during their introduction. Don't really have to engage with them beyond that.

As far a the Cafe Menus, it wasn't a bad way to get some free cars, just spam the X button during the history lesson.
Appreciate 0