View Single Post
      02-16-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

I have 3 sets of Sonos 1 speakers outside and have been running this set up for over 5 years. I have them tucked up under the eaves. I decided to to go this route using the Sonos 1 as they say they can be used in a humid environment like a bathroom. I live in Canada and get temp extremes between -30C and +30C with high humidity in the summer. They have worked flawlessly and despite some dust and cob webs they look like new.

We have 1.5 acre waterfront property, the speakers are on the back of the house facing the lake. the house is set back from the waters edge about 95'. When I have the speakers at moderate 3/4 volume I can easily hear them at the waters edge while sitting on our dock. Last winter we were out on the ice about 100' from shore, I had them cranked pretty loud and could hear them out there.

Sonos sound great and work well in this application, also no need for an amp as they are built into the speakers. You need 120V outlet for them but if you have to run speaker wires you can run discrete extension cords and they work great.
Appreciate 0