04-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #58
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
But wait....isn't working with your hands blue collar? Personally I would much rather be a financially well off blue collar individual than thinking I'm above that and living with my parents. Just food for thought.

A close friend of mine, who at one point was a 12 time felon, started working for a cabling company 15 years ago doing nothing more than pulling cable for data network installs. He now makes $90K/year and got a $25k annual bonus back in December while living an area where the median income is $27k/year. He is a Project Manager/Lead and also owns his own business on the side installing home security and camera systems. He works with his hands everyday, gets dirty and does jobs others that work below him don't want to do. He has taken the money that he has made and invested it in his wife to be nail tech. She now owns her own business and between the two of them they both do very well. She just bought a brand new Audi A4. Blue collar is definitely something that someone living with their parents and has no direction in life should avoid at costs because they are better than that.....this is sarcasm, I feel like it needs to be noted.

As I have progressed in my years I have found that not all of those who wear suits and ties every day are balling like they would like you to believe. Don't get me wrong many of them are, but more of them are not. I know far too many guys who look like they don't have a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of whose financial statements would make you second guess your choices in life. Blue collar doesn't equate to low-class or poor.

Just for reference: https://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk.../#5345ffa7664a
In what state does you 12 time felon friend own a company installing home security and camera systems?
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00