View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #2
Ryanmbrown410
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e93 09

In my opinion, I would go with non-run flats. When I use to use run flats, the ride I would experience in about a 4-6 month period of time post installation was always very bumpy and undesirable. However, my BMW has always been exceptionally low with low profile tires. I live in a more cold area (Cleveland, OH in the USA). The snow plows destroy the road. I purchased the wrong car due to my geographic location. Therefore, if you live a nice area that doesn’t have a significant amount of pot holes and you expect to get a minimal level of flats, I would get non run flat tires but if you have a significant amount of pot holes where you are geographically and expect your car to have a flat more than frequently (which has been my experience with my BMW) I would get the run flats if your not ok with having the constant tows (2 to 3 times a year, it’s a total pain). I do not have room for a spare tire given mine is a convertible. So just weigh stuff out. The run flats have a performance impact for sure. Not getting them however can definitely be a hassle if it’s your every day car. My BMW is my Sunday ride at this point. Not my everyday vehicle. So weigh the options out. Also being new to a Beamer, definitely definitely hold that wheel lock close to you. If you lose it, and do not have the wheel lock code from the card that came with your owner’s manual (I bought one without any card with the wheel lock code), that will be another tow to the BMW dealership just to get a wheel lock that will fit. Again, total pain. Awesome cars but in my opinion NOT an every day drive type of vehicle. Love my beamer, very attached to it but would never be stupid enough to make that mistake ever again.
Appreciate 2