06-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #72
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Is talking behind everyone's back a common thing in all businesses?
I've been working here (as an intern) for about a month now and holy shit it's WAY too much complaining about other teams but no one has the balls to openly communicate the issue or to tell the higher ups to hand it to them either it's just an unending cycle of bitching
Unfortunately it is.

Our production teams are like this. We have 9 different teams that alternate shifts.

And lucky me....since I keep such strange hours, I get to interact with all of them and have become the "sounding board" for all of their complaints against each other. For some reason they trust me implicitly. It's because they know I will keep anything they ask in confidence.

But I also tell them that if the matter pertains to the "health" of the company, they have no anonymity as I will bring something to light personally...so they need to "tread lightly" when they confide in me.

But most of the time it's just them needing to get petty stuff off of their shoulders without worrying about repercussions if it were to get back to someone else.

I tell them if they have legitimate concerns, they need to go to their manager, and if that doesn't get anything done...go to the next step.

But we also work with some very dangerous stuff...so no one can afford to be off of their game in this place or someone will get hurt very quickly!