View Single Post
      12-17-2022, 12:54 AM   #1
Brian86
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, e91 325xi, N50 Xterra

Is e60 fundamentally similar to e9x?

Is the e60 fundamentally the same as an e9x mechanically and electrically?

I have an '06 e91 325xi with a manual and 350k miles. Regular user over on the e90post sister forum. I'm extremely pleased with the e91, how it drives and it's durability.

Use it to travel regionally for work and have been debating what to do. Hadn't really considered a 5 until this popped up. The extra cargo space would be handy for pelican cases.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=658683924

It's been on that lot for some time. Perhaps they are ready to cut a better deal? It's ugly/not ugly in that awkward BMW way, is a fantastic color. The wheels are awful. I'd have to find two sets of OE 17"ers. It's hard to tell what else has been molested from the photos. I'd much rather have a bone-stock car.

But it's got a single stage silver top N52, probably MSV70 ecu? BMW doing the copy-pasta thing on all their cars I'd expect it's basically the same thing as my e91. (obvious unibody differences aside)

A little bizarre that the ABS is in the front right? Is that an EGR tube running over top of the engine? or just the normal wire loom?

It's almost impossible to find a wagon with a manual gearbox these days. Not really planning on buying anything until perhaps next summer, so nearly zero chance I make a move on that particular car, just kicking ideas around.

Opinions?

Thanks