View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

What's Your Attachment Style

In true OT fashion I thought I'd share this quiz with you all. My wife and I took the quiz yesterday. It's good to know how you approach relationships currently, and your style can change over time

https://quiz.attachmentproject.com/

According to the field of attachment theory, each person has a unique attachment style that informs how you relate to intimacy: secure, anxious, avoidant and a small subset who are anxious-avoidant.

Research has shown that even just knowing about the four attachment styles can positively influence your relationships. "It helps people become more secure," says Levine, who is a psychiatrist and neuroscientist at Columbia University.

And though you may not have a choice in which attachment style you have, it's not just up to you to address it — other people have a role to play too. "It's something that happens in the space between two people. They think, 'Oh, I have this attachment style, so I have to fix it by fixing myself.' But it's a relational thing," says Levine.

He recommends creating a "secure village"— surrounding yourself with secure people as a way to make yourself more secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1