02-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #73
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
The "wait list" timing isn't entirely true.

If you're a good customer at your AD, you can get a watch that's on the "wait list" MUCH sooner.

I have purchased four new Rolex's from my AD (plus various jewelry for the wife/family) and can get a Sub right now if I want it. The GMT BLNR is also hard to get, but they have three in the back room that they keep for special clients needs. If anyone walks-in off the street and asks for a GMT BLNR the response will be to put you on the "wait list."

I have my name in for a new Daytona. They have over 60 names on the list, but I should have one in a couple of months.
I totally agree with this. Wait time is always way shorter than the 2 years mentioned everywhere. I got an SS Daytona 2 years ago after a 2 month wait. I got on the waiting list for the new version about 6 months ago and it should be coming soon.
I would not buy a 12,000 watch anywhere on line without the REAL 5 year Rolex warranty and peace of mind.
How are you going to know if every single piece of your new watch is original? open it up?
You are not paying more when you buy from a Rolex store. Actually you end up paying less.
Appreciate 1
///Mongo272.50