02-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #72
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.E46 View Post
Brand new I believe the Sea Dweller is more expensive. On the used market the prices are probably closer. I believe there is more demand for the submariner, thus higher prices in the used market. I do agree they are similar, I personally prefer the sea dweller.

As a reference, I went to a couple of Rolex dealers and they told me the same story, there is about a 2 year wait list for a new submariner and about a 1 year wait list for the sea dweller.
The "wait list" timing isn't entirely true.

If you're a good customer at your AD, you can get a watch that's on the "wait list" MUCH sooner.

I have purchased four new Rolex's from my AD (plus various jewelry for the wife/family) and can get a Sub right now if I want it. The GMT BLNR is also hard to get, but they have three in the back room that they keep for special clients needs. If anyone walks-in off the street and asks for a GMT BLNR the response will be to put you on the "wait list."

I have my name in for a new Daytona. They have over 60 names on the list, but I should have one in a couple of months.
Appreciate 1
///Mongo272.50