United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Tough call. Here are my thoughts, in no particular order or importance:

Take a moment to - as objectively as possible - reflect on your relationship. It's very, very easy for you to idealize a situation you're not currently in. You may wish to overlook the bad components while favoring the good. It's natural for us to justify unnecessary expenses in our mind, whether it be car parts or relationship compromises.

Ask yourself why she "wigged" on the small things. Was she nitpicking at certain personality traits or actions? Was she subtly indicating you weren't paying enough attention? Is she actually seriously just mean (maybe she picks on you for the things she doesn't like about herself)?

You said you got suspicious. The gut's a powerful subconscious tool. Chances are it's right more than half the time. One experience I dealt with years ago was a girlfriend that insisted I was cheating on her. I wasn't. The reality was she was projecting onto me what she was doing (she was actually cheating on me... for shame, for same).

Remember some simple math. The world is seven billion plus people. Let's say 50% are women. And of that only 10% are date-able. And of that 10% only 0.10% are in your general region. That's still a lot of women. There are plenty of beautiful, smart women out there. Trust me, I've thought I'd never do better but someone always comes along. It's really a matter of your perspective on life, too.

One thing I wouldn't do is setup imaginary rules in your mind now, such as if she does x I won't put up with it or if she does y then it's ok. You shouldn't have to make those rule decisions in your relationship. If you need to force those rules on yourself mentally, then you've already lost.

That said, why don't you sit down and have an honest talk with her. Ask why she wigged out. Ask to take it slow. Life is indeed short, but not so short that you need to settle on an M4 build without all the options you want, right?

Lastly, some exes come back when they've become lonely themselves. I'm not at all saying you're not worth it, because you are and so is everyone, but do your best to judge her true intentions. A lot of people don't have the mental strength and stamina to be happy with themselves alone. You need to get to that point to have a good relationship with anyone, and if one of you doesn't have it then that'll be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
Call her? Never had to do it. Curious. She wigged out on me for very small things in the end which made me suspicious. Can't help but to miss her though months later. I don't want games (I typically don't), I have a feeling she will in some fashion by playing hard to get, want control, etc. If she does I'l like to make it clear I'm not down for that without pushing her away. I'm probably nuts for considering her, chemistry is what it is (it didn't hurt that she was smart and beautiful as well)
Appreciate 1