10-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #1091
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
my dude, i used to think the same way as you do. hell, i still think somewhat as to what you think - especially the part in bold. i read up on some material that i found online (internet is one hell of a place) that changed my opinion on many things about women and relationships.
first off a lot of people, especially in this country in 2018 seem to be looking for fast-action, short lived fun (hookups). of course our age groups are different but i don't see why generally speaking we can't say that. i'm not of age to even walk into a ferrari/lambo dealer, even if i had the cash, and be taken seriously.
i'd honestly get to know you a bit better, especially as in what you do for a living etc. losing 60 pounds is a decent feat on its own, do tell how - being able to drop almost $1m in cash (250k each for cars and 500k for home, roughly) is awesome, hope i can get to do that some day.

a lot of people don't really care about others, and its always a shitshow trying to figure out who actually cares and who doesn't; so long as you do you it'll be all good. as in, don't sit at home expecting to have women come by the hour - unless you put yourself out there you won't be known. being a shy introvert is almost exactly the opposite of who i am so i can't say much about that, but if you have a decent income you must be sociable and easy going, even if just a little bit (or was born into the rotschilds, in that case - do you need a son?), why not use that to your advantage?

i'm not too interesting, i don't do "cool shit", but i like cars, im from another country studying in the states and im a decently smart dude. somehow these combined are very interesting to some people - figure out what makes dinonz dinonz and go with that. if you like hookers and blow? go find some hookers and call your plug. if you like sitting at home and reading? read stuff that'll help you improve on this topic. i'm suggesting that last part based on you posting that here - you want to meet people and hang out, but unfortunately if you sit at home people won't be (literally) knocking on your door.

i dont know why this turned out to be so long, but my point stands - shoot me a PM if you want to talk
Yeah - I think we're different ages, and at different stages in our lives. I'm nearly 50, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I've read all the stuff about having confidence etc. but it just doesn't work for me with women. Work - I have no issue with confidence. But personally, I'm a mess.

I co-founded a company 7 years ago, and it's now valued at about $75 million. I still own a small chunk of it, and the cash I'm about to drop is only a minor chunk of that.

I have a decent (underpaid however as I am in a "start-up") salary - decent enough to lease an M3 and enjoy it. Being a shy introvert means I don't like putting myself out there. I very rarely (about once a year) go to bars or restaurants alone, and even then I am unlikely to talk to anyone other than the staff. I have no problem having a conversation with people - but I absolutely suck at the small talk or chatting someone up. My stomach ties up in knots and I can barely mumble a few words.

I'm from another country too (hence the NZ on my name) but that doesn't seem to change much (for me). I have had one woman come over and tell my boss "couldn't you just listen to him all day" but she was at least 70 so didn't really excite me to try to get her number.

Unfortunately, I have no hobbies or interests other than work. I have been actively looking for a hobby that interests me, but everything I am interested in is either unsuitable to do at home in the evenings (kart racing, flying) or something I have done before and thus less interesting (stamp collecting, coin collecting, glass engraving, model building... the list goes on). The Ferrari I want is more likely a 308 (and the Lamborghini a Countach) and part of that is it might give me a hobby to be able to work on the cars, especially the Ferrari - they're actually fairly basic and use standard components. I've been to a few BMW M events, but at times feel I'd rather talk to the local mechanic about stuff. I dunno - I might be suffering from mild grade depression too - that doesn't help.

Thank - I appreciate the offer! I'll keep that in mind.
Appreciate 3
________4160.00
King Rudi13157.00