Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
It's really not a hard argument to make. Slower cars like the Toybarus are loads of fun because you can wind them out on public roads without exceeding the speed limit (sometimes). Miatas are slow as hell, but one of the most rewarding cars you can drive at any price point. Hell, my 128 is slower than a V6 Camry. Which is more fun to drive?
you camry is NOT nor is it marketed as a fun RWD sports car
the miata IS

tell me this Batman......Is there a car enthusiast out there with a slower car who would say no to better brakes? better wheels/tires for improved handling
and more herspers for some increased vroom vroom
or will they say NO WAY! it'll ruin my fun to drive feels man!
Yep. I f'ed up my Miata making it track worthy. It was terrible at being a daily and lost all of its fun. My GTI is on Michelin All Seasons because it's a GTI, not a Chiron. People think magazine numbers mean something and they're just wrong. Fun is sliding, surprise oversteer and occasional oh shit moments. Removing those things is fine for the track but no fun on the streets.

Every Tesla is quicker than my GTI, so is a GTR or even a G63. But I wouldn't trade for any of them. My car is fun. Theirs are not. Numbers are for suckers.

I'm likely getting a Caterham for a track car. It won't be the fastest thing, but it will be fun and challenging. Mistakes will be my fault, not some computer or awd system.
Appreciate 0