View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
mness
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535iM

The Pilot Super Sport is non-runflat. All tire manufacturers and sellers like TireRack will say that it's not safe to mix runflat and non-runflat, especially on the same axle. I'm surprised that the dealer would sell you that tire.

I think the Pilot Sport 3 is an OEM-only tire, why you can't find it on TireRack. So the most likely place to get it would be from a BMW dealer.

I'd go back to them and tell them that the industry consensus is that what they did to your car is not safe, and that they should order you the correct OEM tire and take back the Pilot Super Sport, at no additional cost to you.

Oh, and punctures in runflats can be repaired, if it's not near the sidewall, and the tire didn't deflate to where you ran on it flat (ie it was a slow leak that you caught early). Many tire shops will tell you if it's patchable, but BMW dealers will generally refuse to patch runflats.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, SAT, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Appreciate 1