05-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioko12 View Post
I drove a 2011 335i XDrive coupe with 3 passengers last weekend and I was pleasantly surprised at the power and handling. Granted, the car I test drove minutes earlier was a 2010 M3, the XDrive really did feel quite sporty.

You can definitely hear the turbo working harder in this car, as every time I would let off the accelerator, you could clearly hear the turbo whistle. Power was nice and linear from a dig, with virtually no turbo lag. Given that the car was at max capacity, it still got to 60 MPH very quickly. Definitely under 6 seconds. Compared to my 135i...it's tough. Not really a fair comparison due to the extra weight of the car + passengers, but it would give it a run for the money in a straight line, thanks to the XDrive and the fact that I lose rear-wheel traction in first and even second gear in the 135i.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the N55. Oh, and the A/C was running the entire time.
Just for FYI, it doesn't matter if you have the air on. Upon accelleration the AC compressor turns off, so the AC on has no effect.