vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Do you honestly want to live that badly??
After having my doctor yank my amateur racing hobby out from under my feet, trust me when I say that it is a struggle on most days not to do a belly flop into the Hudson River from the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
What's that, like 100 calories or so? All from the margarine?
Probably 60 calories tops, but I need the lubrication to get the veggies down on some mornings.

Do you want to freak out a hospital nutritionist? Get admitted with a diabetic diet, no carbs, no sodium, and fluid restricted diet, who doesn't eat seafood, eggs, or any sort of artificial sweetener. Their order tablet software just throws in the towel for breakfast, and in all seriousness will not accept veggies even as an over-ride with doctor's approval. I did get a laugh out of one morning's technical mistake though, where the tablet actually accepted a breakfast order of corned beef hash and three strips of bacon...when I was in the CCU!

Half the time, the nutritionist just skipped my room on his/her order-gathering rounds rather than deal with my exceptions hassle. They would send a tray of eggs and toast, and be met at the door by a nurse who would refuse the tray from afar so that they wouldn't have to clean the vomit from my bed again if I saw the contents.

The greatest secret of hospitals at least in our area are the refrigerators at every nurse's station. They are stocked daily with turkey sandwiches on whole wheat, and they beat starvation especially when someone spitefully tags you as NPO for days in the nutrition computer.

Oh, and I'm 100% serious about steamed veggies being my breakfast for 6-7 years now.....