04-21-2023, 10:24 AM   #32
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Its how the QB market works. The next guy up gets paid a bag.

Every credible report that is out there on lamar is he is asking for more than deshaun and fully guaranteed. The leaked offers from the Ravens were higher than what Hurts just signed for as well. Dude really needs an agent.

And no, deshaun is not worth that money. He has 1 good season, a season that his team went 4-12 and were down big early in games, and then didnt play for 2 years because he was unhappy with the contract he had just signed, plus had 2 dozen sexual assault cases. That contract was 100% the Browns being the Browns and not knowing how to run a franchise.
I don't understand how it got to this point with Deshaun Watson. The Browns continue to be a poorly ran organization with shady leadership. The dude clearly crossed the line with multiple women. No way something didn't happen when 25 or so people spoke up with a similar concern. Then here come the rich-people lawyers, payouts, and non-disclosure agreements. Isn't that basically prostitution? Guy gets some handies and then pays $100K or whatever to make sure they never say what happened?

Athleticism is a small part of what makes a great football player, being a good person makes up the rest. And don't tell me the guy still doesn't have an obsession with getting handies or whatever from tons of women....I bet he gets more handies next season from different women than he throws TD passes.