06-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #14
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
No, my car was equipped from the factory (monroney reference) so I got the active sound bump. But others without it did the hardware change without the ASD enhancement.
I think you misunderstood me. I grocked the monroney reference (although us humans call it a 'window sticker') , I thought you were saying you didn't get the ASD tweaks... got it now.

Quote:
The E63S didnt help my situation but Im an exhaust guy (not just when I eat mexican food) along with 10 other AMG's in my past. Arguably the best AMG exhaust came from the 6.2 and the M156 motor (I still have the C63 BS) but the M177 in the E63S and M178 in my GTS are very strong noise wise- almost classic mopar in nature. All my cars that I have now are modded in some way or another from an exhaust perspective. I love the sound of the rpms as the car moves. I would actually rather have a slightly slower car with amazing sound vs a car that just rockets out of the gate like a vacuum cleaner (hence no Tesla). So because of this and to your your point, the F90 needed some love IMHO.
Ah, understood.

Thx.
Appreciate 0