bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So BofA was threatening to cancel my credit card if I didn't use it, which would have lowered my credit score. Today was the last day to use it without getting screwed even though I did nothing wrong. With no physical card and thus no security code I couldn't use the card but a stroke of genius told me to add it to Apple Pay. Now credit score is safe. Pretty lame that I would be punished if I didn't charge anything to the card. Seems counterintuitive ya think?
That happened to me but I don't remember my credit score dropping. I didn't get a warning. Citi just said they were closing the account due to lack of use. And I hadn't used it for over two years. Oddly, they gave me an offer for a new card and I enrolled, getting a higher limit than before lol....my credit is in the 800s.
Yes I have 800s as well. Not sure if they would have just raised my credit limit on the other accounts but decided to keep it open for now since I'm refinancing and less activity is better. It could be with your new card it kept your utilization low so your score wasn't affected negatively.
Appreciate 0