CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
I decline an offer last year because it wasnt right time to start new job.
My daughter was about to be born, I wanted to be home with family and help out as much as i can. I managed well when i was alone with infant and toddler lol. I value that time over extra $$$. I sat with my boss and told him that. I wanted him to match that. He said I will look into it over the weekend. I saw him walking around the offices trying to be busy. thanks if the offer isnt good, i will be looking. 20yrs with firm down hole.

CTinline-six G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
I couldnt reply back in text message so I called him..blood was boiling lol
he didnt pick up because he wasnt ready for my call. My response wouldve been same if he had told me in person, he didnt want to hear it.
I can't imagine communicating anything about salary through text message, and I work in technology with a bunch of nerds who have zero social skills.

Having a good work/home-time balance is great, but in the end you are at work to get paid. It sounds like you provide a good value to your employer and they know it.

"Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."

-Dwight Schrute (The Office)

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
nyalpine907433.00
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
cmyx6go15762.50