04-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
So wouldn't it be nice to have a downpipe fix for the N55 separate from the piggies auto deleting it? I mean, I'd feel a hell of a lot better taking my car in for regular service by just having a downpipe fix intercepting the two 02 and simulate that shit while i took my whole tune out.

Most guys would hate to take their DP out every time they hit the service up right? Why doesn't BMS support N55 like they do the N54 in terms of a DP fix?

I mean its cool that the Piggies can clear the code when its thrown, but why not stop that shit before it happens? I dunno, just a thought cuz when i come up for my regular service, i'm gonna be hard pressed to take my dp out and i know there's going to be a "SES" light staring the SA in the face.
It's the same reason the piggybacks all run stock air/fuel ratios with the N55. There is no easy way to intercept the oxygen sensors.

The CAN Tool works great as a DPFIX though. Just remove it when you drop the car off. It's not likely they will drive long enough on a highway to trigger the light when its in the service bay. You also get the in dash gauges, shift light, etc, with the CAN Tool. With the JB+ Quick Install tune the boost gauge is pretty accurate too.

Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 0