Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
You read that correctly. Irish is cleaner tasting to me but not a lot of texture/complexity. The blends that used to be good to me are now just okay. I definitely don’t mind trying another Irish though.

I haven’t tried many others. I’ve had High West Mid Summers Night Dram and Rendevouz which I liked. Also liked Macallan 12 and 18 (the 18 was very nice) and Chivas Regal 12 and 18 which I also liked. Of course those were all 3-5 months ago before I started drinking more whiskey in the last month with shelter in place and developed my tastebuds and preferences.
IF you want another good Irish option to try I would suggest Yellow Spot. It is probably my favorite Irish and I am also not the biggest Irish fan (Redbreast 12 and Redbreast 12 CS were both just OK to me and I have not liked others like Writers Tears or Teeling)

The Highwest MWND and Rendevouz are both Ryes, which are still different from anything else you listed. I am a big rye fan myself so my suggestions on that front would be Pikesville, Willet 4yr, Angels Envy Finsished Rye, EHT Rye, Michters Rye. For non-ryes I would suggest Makers Mark RC6, Early Times BiB, Makers Mark CS, Michters American Whiskey, Hancock Reserve, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Old Forester 1910 and 1920, and probably a few others not on the tip of my mind.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-02-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0