Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Bruh. As impatient as I am, usually I'd only chirp the horn if it's 3 seconds and the chick in front of me hasn't done diddly squat except continue to text, apply makeup, jill off, or whatever the hell she's doing. I'm talking about the kinds who lean on the horn the split second the light turns green as if the guy in front of them is blind or forgot what a green light means, even if like me, they're staring at the signal as if it owes them money and is just as impatiently ready to go as you are... Don't you think I have shit to do and places to go too?

As much as I wish that we copied the German signals so that it's easier to tell when to restart the car, prime the clutch of a stick shift, or even give more notice to lessen the chances of distracted morons hold up traffic (although knowing you, you'd probably start leaning on the horn as soon as that yellow light turns on)... I can also wish to be a billionaire tomorrow and have a threesome with Emily Ratajkowski and Mila Kunis in my sprawling mansion too, but I doubt any of the above will happen any time soon.

Jeez man, it's people like you that reinforces bad stereotypes about BMW drivers.

P.S.: Give me your Venmo; I'd be happy to help out with some funds for new socks... Sounds like the poor things have more holes than an afghan.
I'll start from the bottom and work my way up.

Most of my socks come from Brooks Brothers. And as I don't wear socks unless I absolutely have to, they don't get much wear. Since I lived on the east coast in the early 80's, socks have been an optional thing for me. The preppy thing kinds stuck with me. Now suits are a different thing...I prefer Italian. Prada and Armani are my favs. Next to that are custom jobs. Shirts too. I LOVE shirts. Mostly custom but my fall back is, guess what...Brooks Brothers!!

On BMW drivers: It seems that BMW drivers are the most aggressive but it's a chicken and the egg thing. Are the drivers aggressive so they choose BMW or are BMWs aggressively made by company ethos thereby inciting anti-social driving behavior from the owners?!?! I think it's the latter. I dated a girl who drove a very milquetoast Honda Civic. After a few months of cajoling she purchased a 1-series. BOOM! She was David Hobbs in the 70's driving a CSL. I typically tool just above the speed limit never being the fastest car around. Until I have to be!!

On wishing for additional signaling: There is some. You can look at the signals on the light tree for the perpendicular lane of travel and see what's going on next. But this involves looking at the light and but for that, we wouldn't even be here now!!

On counting before blowing: I only go F1 style (when the red goes off) when I know the area and I'm in the Front Row!!!! Other than that, I count to 2 then wait for the first car to go. I can be the 3rd, 5th, or 8th car. It doesn't matter. If I can see that the first car hasn't moved at a reasonable time. I blow the horn.

Other times I blow the horn:

-At a packed 4 way stop situation. I let everyone know I'm going through

-When someone runs the light at a left turn and blocks the perpendicular traffic lane from going. Hey Buttmunch!! You knew you'd be stuck in the intersection but you're soooooooooo much more important than everyone else so you can sit there and block traffic until your lane loosens up. Congratulations!!

-When someone is drifting or driving erratically.

-When someone pulls up to a light and leaves 4 car lengths either to the light or behind the car in front of them.

-Tailgaters. If I'm in the M6, I drop to a gear sufficient to put 7000 rpm on the tach. It typically backs people off. In the i8 I just use it as a time to recover energy. They get the message. Not many tailgate in the 3.

I think that about covers it.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00