03-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
all Tag has to do is stop making $1000 quartz watches that go head to head with Movado or similar stuff... get rid of the 'Link', 'F1' and various other low end watches.

Make the Carrera and the Monaco the bottom of the range then start chasing Rolex Daytona subsitutes for a few years.

But then again, tag is owned by LVMH who also owns hublot and Zenith so they'll always position TAG under those two brands. hublot targets people who already have Rolexes nad Zenith targets people who either already have a bunch of Rolexes or who are thinking about a rolex but hate resale value

Okay...I'll bite. What do you see as the business case for taking that tack?

Keeping in mind that what you suggested is essentially that they gut their entire lineup, starve themselves for profits, hope and pray that folks who spend $4K - $7.5K on watches will buy them in sufficient quantities to keep the business going until Tag reaches the point some 30 years hence to finally have the money to come up with another original design.

You seem so knowledgeable about what will and won't be a good approach for Tag and its customers so I'm eager to see just how you envision your strategy playing out.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0