Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's done! I traded my E90 for an E60 M5

I purchased my car during the "early days" of the E90. Yes, I have a 330i. It was a great car, despite being down a bit on power compared to the subsequent 335i.

When I purchased the 330i, I was also considering an E46 M3, but heard rumors about the upcoming E90/E92 M3 and figured it would hold me over until the "new" version. Now that the M3 has been released, I was all ready to place an order, but reality hit me. My son (less than 2 yrs old) could barely sit behind me in his car seat. My wife looked at me one day and said, "you KNOW you need a bigger car".

NOOOOO. I have always driven smaller cars and I always felt that a mid-size cars would not live up to my performance standards. After stopping by my local BMW dealership and sitting in an M3 for a few minutes, I ventured over to a 550i sport. It was definitely a nice car, but then I found myself being drawn to an M5 sitting on the showroom floor.

Maybe 2 hrs later, I found myself driving a FULLY loaded M5 (7sp SMG) in Space Gray/Silverstone Full Perforated Leather home! Here is the options list:
  • Space Gray Metallic
  • Silverstone Perforated Merino Leather (Full)
  • Madeira Walnut wood trim
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar Support
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Comfort Access
  • Soft Close Automatic Doors
  • Rear Sunshades
  • Fold Down Rear Seats
  • Head-up Display (HUD)
  • HD radio
  • Satellite Radio
  • Enhanced Premium Sound
  • iPod and USB adapter
  • High Beam Assistant

I still think this is one of the best BMW...correction, auto forums on the internet and I'll still stop through when I have time (and not out driving in P500 mode). I'm also missing the NYC/NJ meets after moving to Atlanta.

To avoid the ->
Here's the new ride
Attached Images

Appreciate 0