View Single Post
      08-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #137
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I was not trying to compare a normal garden variety track day to an F1 race. You made that comparison. I was asking the guy if he has any track experience, if he had, he would have understood the situation a little better.

So what you are saying is that Hamilton had every right on this planet to make that maneuver, and that the penalty was completely unwarranted?
No you definitely made the comparison, because "waiting for cars to pass after a spin" is not a racing series rule, it's a track day rule.

Quote:
Question for you:

Have you ever done a track day or been on a race track ?
Quote:
The reason I ask is because the basic track rule that shouldn't be broken is, if you spin, wait 'til the other cars come by before you try and rejoin. It's not just an F1 rule, it's the same for pretty much every series and track event out there.
If you spin or go off, in racing, you don't wait, you go as soon as you can, weather or not it means another driver has to slow down turn to avoid you or whatever else. With exception I stated from the beginning is if you crash into them or run them off track.

No I didn't say that about hamilton, at all. I only said I THOUGHT he gave a car width on the racing line, from that video, he definitely did not, but that has nothing to do with the argument above.

As another example, if hamilton spun the other way while people were wizzing by, would anyone care? No, because you don't just sit there and wait unless you have no choice but to hit someone.