View Single Post
      01-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #27
bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I had a chance to drive a 19 Coupe and have good but also not so great things to say about it.

I will say right off the bat, the V8 sounds amazing, especially out of the box. Very refreshing especially in this day and age. Interior quality and design is top notch. Exterior is also great and looks very special (especially in red).

The problem I have with it is that it's too expensive IMO, even used. I've been advocating that cars don't need to have crazy performance because they're becoming unusable for the streets, but I just don't think this one has enough for this price category.

Let me put it this way, I drove to the dealership in my E92 M3, and the Lexus felt no faster or more fun my car. I think it'll be a bit more doable when they are at $40k.

P.S. I'm also partial to Toyota/Lexus, I swear by their products when it comes to DD's
At $40K it would be one heck of a bargain. My neighbor has one, and as much as I love my e90 m3, the bespoke design and quality/material of LC500 is on a different league IMO. Sure it's underpowered in today's standard, but it's an NA V8 that's been around forever which means it will outlast any German turbocharged V8s. These will be collectable when Lexus finally kills off NA V8.
Appreciate 0