05-03-2022, 07:17 PM   #7
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
I've installed powerflex purple on the regular Z4 shortly after I got the car but at the same time I've also installed ST X coilovers. Before this the original suspension was completely shot and drove like crap. It was all over the place, harsh, unstable, just terrible. So these upgrades made a massive difference and steering is direct, responsive and sharp. It goes where you point it. I am sure poly fcabs contribute but its hard to say exactly how much though. I don't detect any additional NVH.

Z4M is in a whole different category as far as steering goes. It overall feels like a completely different car to begin with. Personally went with oem fcabs on this car. Its already very quick and sharp out of factory. Didn't think there's need to mess around here. No regrets.

OP, have you changed the RTABs yet? If not, I would highly recommend you do. OEM + RTAB limiters is good option. It will tighten up the rear. Alignment is required after that job.
Yeah, the strange part is I don't have any issues with the directness of the steering or instability of the car. I think it's really just subjective feel that's not up to snuff. The Z4M does have hydraulic steering compared to the electric in the regular Z4 so I certainly would expect a big difference there, even compared to a modified regular car. The M also has a much quicker steering ratio. I've never driven a non-M Z4 personally though. Right now I'm going back-and-forth between new OEM Z4M FCABs and the offset whiteline ones.

I haven't changed RTABs and they need to be done; they appear to be original. I have Lemforder (basically OEM) bushings and limiters sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Will get a full custom alignment after that.
Appreciate 0