View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 11:04 PM   #42
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Yes, if you push it that far to be in the realm of possibility of getting into a wreck, for sure, but I'm saying that I don't to anything like that esp since I'm purely a road user driving w other ppl, so, no real benefit to me.
Nothing like that. Car pulling from a stopped lane into my lane and being able to stop with just inches to spare. My passengers were sure we were going to hit them. example 2, 2 lanes of traffic, a car to my right just ahead of me, a truck turns left in front of us from the right side of the road. I didn't see the truck as the other car blocked my view. The other car hit the rear end of the truck, the truck moved slowly across my lane, debris flying everywhere. 45 zone and I was able to slow enough that the truck cleared from in front of me. My wife thought it was magic with the path clearing in front of us. In both cases if my car didn't have superior tires I would not have been able to slow in time and would have hit something. Absolutely no 'Pushing it' on my part.
Appreciate 0