View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 09:17 AM   #28
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
receptionist at the vet said the same thing, said there crafty MOFO's, skilled in manipulation !
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
ok, how about a compromise, raw meat , but no bones, concerned he will have a bones issue and mix the raw meat with his ordinary food. OH said your (I'm) not to give him raw meat, must be cooked, "because he's a puppy" someone advised
There are certainly dogs that aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but still don't let your guard down! They're experts at social engineering and cuddly extortion.

Personally, I would stick w/ a diet specifically formulated for puppies for at least the first year and transition from there based on the situation. If the pup is healthy and still growing, not really a reason to seitch unless it is just YOUR preference. I'm also not a believer in a pure raw diet unless you plan to supplement the diet, but that's me. Like with anything, seldom is too much of one thing a good thing.

There are lots of resources on this. I don't think anyone here will tell you specifically what you should do. It is nest to do some focused research and decide what you think is best.