View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
boostspoon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Prices: M2 vs M2C vs Market Alternatives

While we all have a good understanding of what the M2 Competition features in regards to improvements from the current M2, there are now optional items that can be had at a price. Bearing in mind some of these items may become standard or included in a package of some sort put together by BMW in different regions/countries.

The M2 once had a very attractive price tag of $52k in the US and $55k with a package. The price has continued to increase for the 2017 and 2018 models.

However, with the M2 Competition, I'm sure there are packages or items that are 'must-have' among all of us. If the base price becomes lets say $58k and with some of these packages and options, it becomes $64-66k before the additional tax for the increased amount, this no longer becomes that car where it allows enthusiasts to easily step in.

Even if they had the current model specs for sale, it would be a difficult fork in the road for potential buyers. For me, if I'm going to spend a decent amount of money, I'd love to have the most current and latest spec that's got most of the justifiable bells and whistles that make me extremely content.

This is a beautiful car and my 'dream' car for the next several years. One that may lead me with good taste to continue with the brand whether M model daily driver or not.

However, there are many lightly used cars out there from different brands where depreciation has already taken a hit and deals can be negotiated.

Questions I've got for you:
1) What's your take on the M2 price increase from 2016 to 2019
2) What's the ideal price you'd pay to sign and still have a smile on your face?
3) Are you currently looking at other new/used vehicles, if so which ones?
4) At the end of the day, what are you really going to do once your allocation comes up?

This is a general discussion, if possible, please don't bring up price differences in countries unless it's relevant. Also, please don't make it repetitive like other threads that are beaten to death
Appreciate 0