07-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #18
DomR
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Hi DomR... as others have mentioned I recently sold my M4 (which, as you know, is identical to the M3 from a performance perspective) and bought an M2.

My review is pretty much how I feel about the two cars. Both are awesome. M3 is faster in a straight line. M2, for me anyway, is a different driving experience and I personally am very pleased with the switch. I don't get too hung up on "additional features" as long as the car I have has what I need and want and focus more on how they feel to drive. In that respect, the M2 is a pretty fun car and I really like the size/feel of it.

I think you will be happy with either... go with what your gut is telling you. You mention you preferred the drive you had in the M2... to me, that says a lot and would be what I would base my decision on. You quickly forget the lack of extra "features" of the M2 but you get to experience the drive every day (if you prefer how it drives). Waiting sucks but be careful you don't make a short term gratification decision that you regret... not that you would because the M3 is awesome... all I'm suggesting is if your gut says M2, wait it out. If it says M3, then dump the M2 order and get yourself an M3!

Hey thanks for this write up, makes a lot of sense. Im going to go a drive the two of them again next week.
2001.5 - B5 S4 Stage II - Gone
Appreciate 0